Horror Express, The Best in Horror Movie Reviews & News Contact Us News Our Forum Horror Movie Reviews Contact Us Horror Express Home Register  

Go Back   Horror Express Forum > Talk Horror > Horror Fiction

Notices

Old 04-20-2017, 03:59 PM   #1
Wensley
Extra

Default Recomend me some John Saul and Thomas Ligotti?

I'm not big in horror fiction, but I love it.

As of now I've read all the Lovecraft short stories/novellas and about half a dozen Stephen King novels. I'm trying to get into Ligotti, but like John Saul, I want the first impression of these two writers to be something outstanding.

My first contact with Lovecraft, more than twenty years ago, was less than spectacular, (it was with The Green Meadow), and I'm a fool to hold that tale in high regard like I hold it, because it doesn't compare with his best stories.

So, if you know these two writers, Tom Ligotti and John Saul, would you recommend me one work of each that will blow my mind, or at least will pave the way for getting into them?

The few stuff I've read of these two, just snippets here and there, is interesting.

I know I always could Google this questions, and get ratings and top-ten lists and whatnot, but I would really appreciate someone from this community helping me, not because of trust only, but also to know who of you likes Tom and John.
Wensley is offline   Reply With Quote