PDA

View Full Version : Aspiring Author says hi

GarryCharles
07-26-2004, 02:39 AM
Hi everyone,

thought that i had better introduce myself first. To do so it would be best to ask you to visit www.garrycharles.com and that will tell you all about me and what I do. Please note that my site is to soon be updated with a sample chapter that contains some quite disturbing images. so keep checking in.

Hope we can all just get along

JohnShaft
07-26-2004, 10:25 PM
Hi Garry, welcome to Horror Express.
It's nice to see a new face here, so I hope you stick around.

I've had a quick look at your site, and have it bookmarked to look at later.

What are you working on atm? And which authors would you compare your style too?

GarryCharles
07-27-2004, 03:56 AM
Originally posted by JohnShaft@Jul 27 2004, 03:25 AM
Hi Garry, welcome to Horror Express.
It's nice to see a new face here, so I hope you stick around.

I've had a quick look at your site, and have it bookmarked to look at later.

What are you working on atm? And which authors would you compare your style too?
Blimey who am I like, hard to say, the novel is a bizarre mix of Horror, Fantasy, action and humour. And I would say that overall its quite original and not quite like any one elses style. Hoping to have it complete by the end of October and then going to self publish it. See if I can catch the publishers attention by getting it on the shelves with a full marketing campaign. Even got Lewis Barrett Lehrman from www.hauntedstudio.com to agree to do the cover art. I'll keep youy posted on my progress.

Garry

JohnShaft
08-01-2004, 08:42 PM
So, now I know you're from the U.K. which part are you from Garry? (Don't worry, I don't intend to stalk you. Just yet. :shifty: )
Myself I'm a North-eastener.

To my perhaps biased eyes I cannot move for English horror authors lately.
One of them I've been reading a few books from is Stephen Laws. You read any of his work? What's your opinion of it?

GarryCharles
08-02-2004, 06:14 AM
I usually read his stuff when at work. I can't get into him when at home but at work i seem to enjoy his work. My favourite horror writer has to be Clive Barker, his newest book is out now, should be worth a read. And if you fancy some thing action based try Matthew reilly's Temple or Ice Station.
Did you check my website and read the chapter, I know it is more fantasy based but wait until i put up the Hades Gate Chapter some Gory imagery there.
Going to self publish it and found a new artist to do some sketches for in the book. Paul Cox, found his work in this months Bizarre magazine in the letters page. Also getting him to do me a painting for my office. Try and get the mag before it goes. it's the one with a three breasted lady on the cover.
And to answer your other question I come from Selby near York.
If I get my book deal eventully how do you fancy designing me a proper website.
Keep an eye on my site for release date , should be spring next year I hope.

JohnShaft
08-04-2004, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by Kain@Aug 2 2004, 11:14 AM
My favourite horror writer has to be Clive Barker, his newest book is out now, should be worth a read.
I'm with you on Mr. Barker. Unfortunately I must confess that I much prefered his earlier books. It has just seemed to me that he started out writing horror, and book by book, tread farther into the realms of fantasy. Fantasy isn't really my bag, and even dark fantasy can be pushing it.

Did you check my website and read the chapter, I know it is more fantasy based but wait until i put up the Hades Gate Chapter some Gory imagery there.
I've checked your site out some more but not read the Chapter. I'll make some time to though.

If I get my book deal eventully how do you fancy designing me a proper website.
That definitely sounds like something I'd be interested in doing. B)
I'll keep everything crossed for you!

Scott W. Davis
08-04-2004, 04:48 AM
Just to add my two cents, I've read the synopsis of HEAVEN'S FALLING and I've gotta say, it definitely sounds like something I'd like. Good luck. B)

GarryCharles
08-06-2004, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Scott W. Davis@Aug 4 2004, 09:48 AM
Just to add my two cents, I've read the synopsis of HEAVEN'S FALLING and I've gotta say, it definitely sounds like something I'd like. Good luck. B)
Thank you. It should be in print for next spring, if you're interested at that time I'll send you a signed copy.