PDA

View Full Version : Shallow Ground

nullspin
07-05-2005, 05:52 PM
Well once again I was trolling through the low budget horror offering at the local BB and I found an interesting one. Decent cover art, a few reviews that indicated it wasn't half bad and one small film award. Kudo's to the art dept who put the symbol over the award that looked strikingly similar to the Cannes logo. In this world you have to read the fine print.
This is not a review just a reccomendation, I leave the reviews to the fantastic in house experts. Check this movie out. May I say I enjoyed it more then 'Dead Birds' which I know will strike fear into the hearts of it's many aficionados. Supporting cast might be a little light weight in terms of their craft but the storyline carries the flick easily. If I were into film husbandry (and I know some of your are) I would say it's a cross between David Lynch directing friday the 13th in the end times and prince of darkness with just a skosh of hell raiser.
Anyone else checked this film out?
ns

Davids
07-12-2007, 01:56 PM
This is and old post but i watched Shallow Ground last night and i was plesantly suprised. It was a pretty decent little flick. Not as gory as i tought it would be, but it had a pretty gory end scene. I would think there are a few people in this forum who would apriciate it!

BlackWidow
07-12-2007, 09:12 PM
watched it a while ago, fell asleep on it... for me, it means it really was a bad movie.

My 2 cents
BW